In order to enhance its operations and its service to investors in Germany, Switzerland and Austria, this Hedge Fund is in the process of establishing a new office in Zurich.
As a result the Group is seeking to hire an experienced finance professional based in Zurich and working closely with the CFO of the company.
The new incumbent will be involved in accounting, reporting and financial control across the whole range of the Group’s activities, with specific responsibility for Switzerland and the UK.
There is further scope for additional management and project management responsibilities for the right candidate.
The candidate will directly contribute to the accounting, reporting and financial control activities and will assist in other areas of the business of the Group.
The prime objectives and responsibilities of the role are the specific responsibility for the accounting activities for the group, including:
- Initial role to establish processes for the new Zurich office
- Accounting/book-keeping (Sage Accounting system)
- Preparation of management accounts and statutory reports
- Cash and bank account management
- Tax reporting
- Regulatory returns (in close liaison with local compliance resources)
- Local auditor liaison
This is an important role, with a significant degree of autonomy, working very closely with the key personnel.
There will be the opportunity to contribute to the broader development of the business and to participate in further initiatives, for example potential further geographical expansion-
While the role could carry some managerial responsibility, it is primarily a hands on role with the individual undertaking the work independently,
- At least 4-5 years of experience in an accounting role in a financial services company
- Detailed knowledge of Sage or a similar accounting package
- Sufficiently senior to undertake role with minimal intervention, and capacity and willingness to become involved in the broader management of the business
- A natural communicator, able to manage diverse internal relationships
- Highly self-motivated, with strong collegiate attitude and the ability to roll up the sleeves to get the job done
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and passion for quality
- Strong problem solving and project management skills
- Bilingual in German and English
This Accountant vacancy in Zurich not only commands a top of the line salary and the usual benefits but it is a chance to join a new operation in the early stages of its launch.
A new start up situation, but for an established and well capitalized firm, i.e. all the good points which out the risks…..