One of the worlds leading alternative investment managers is recruiting an Accounting Manager to supervise one of their business critical back office teams.
Working from the Zurich office the Accounting Manager leads the Expense Management team
and to provides support to team members and the Finance Business Partners team.
The successful applicant to this well paid Zurich Accountancy job will be responsible for the tasks below:
* Account Ownership/Reconciliations of Accounts on a monthly basis
* Prepare overhead analyses for separate Legal entities, at a Group Level and at a Business Unit level
* Analysis and monitoring of the expense base both month on month and against budget
* Prepare the Overheads Analysis for the Board
on a monthly basis
* Correction and review of Accounts Payable postings
* Manage the allocation of costs between business units and the link with the transfer pricing methodology
* Sensitivity check and approval of invoices booked to balance sheet accounts
* Responsible for monthly and year end Accrual Process (posting and liaising with business units)
* Ensure correct booking of prepaid invoices
* Responsibility of VAT issues (UK and CH)
* Evaluate the expense base by discretionary and non discretionary and the items which are variable and fixed
* Work with the business units to challenge and understand their level of spending
* Provide proactive and value added support to the business units
* Assist with others in the Business Finance area, to provide a consistent approach and level of service to the business
* Assist with business budgeting, planning and new initiatives
* Analysis and monitoring of the expense base for the firm both month on month and against budget
* Focus to meaningful analysis to support expense variances
* Assist in identifying, measuring and commenting on metrics
* Provide strong analytical support and assist in promoting cost saving initiatives
To be considered for the Accounting Manager vacancy you should be an experienced Finance team manager, with well developed managerial skills.
- You will hold a formal Accounting qualification and have a numerate degree.
- You will be a keen advocate of technology, an Excel master and it would be beneficial if you have used the Agresso system before.
- Finally you will be fluent in both English and German and a truly international manager in experience and outlook.
The Accounting Manager is a key appointment, in a mission critical team. There fore it commands an outstanding remuneration package and all the benefits you would expect of such a senior executive job.