This Geneva based private bank and international asset manager is urgently looking to appoint an additional Anti Money Laundering Officer (AMLO) to work from its Swiss head office.
Based in Geneva and working within the banking compliance department and reporting directly to Director of Compliance the AMLO manages the AML and KYC
procedures of the bank. The AMLO works as part of a four man team, the Anti Money Laundering business unit.
The assets under review by the compliance team will include investments written in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and the Americas. They will be a wide variety of asset types including equities, derivatives, structured products and commodities. As such the AMLO will need a wide variety to exposure to different asset groups.
The AMLO also provides assistance to other compliance department colleagues and the senior management team around all money laundering cases and a general oversight and advice service to the bank, as a whole, around this specialism.
On a daily basis the AMLO undertakes a number of duties which are:
- Using the custom built compliance monitoring tool set review and analysis all alerts generated. Perform a check list test on these and generate a report for internal consumption. Escalate all in accordance with the compliance guidelines.
- The system will also throw up a number of alerts based on individuals. Once again these should be reviewed, investigated fully and escalated as the AMLO deems fit.
- All explanations provided by the senior banking team and bank officers should also be followed up and at all times a quick quality assurance test performed all of these.
- Within the sanction checking section of the banks SWIFT processes
the AMLO will review all current sanctions and unblock those that are in accordance with the guidelines. Those that are not are to be escalated. It is expected the AMLO will build a solid professional relationship with their SWIFT account manager.
- On all blocked accounts the AMLO will review and have the ability to override any transactions in process prior to the block being placed.
- Finally the AMLO will review all the banks staffs own transactions and submit them to double review.
For serious consideration for the AMLO vacancy the successful applicant will have the following ideal candidate profile:
- They will have spent the last (at least) three years in a similar role for another bank or financial institution.
- They will have a first rate knowledge of the banking and finance sectors, with a detailed knowledge of the AML exposures of various asset groups and the risks inherent with in these.
- They will a skilled analyst with a true eye for detail.
- They will a real contributor to team working, inter departmental project and an asset to the department.
- The AMLO will be a strong communicator with fluent English and French.
The banks reputation is only as solid as its compliance functions performance. One only has to look at recent banking scandals to see examples of when the compliance department fails. As such the bank is desperate to hire the right individual for the AMLO role.
They are happy to reflect that in the excellent remuneration and benefits package that is associated with this opportunity.