This international asset manager and private bank is looking to recruit an Asset Management Tax Manager to join the back office team. This opening is based in Zurich.
The Asset Management Tax Manager provides tax advice
and support in respect of the EMEA investment fund / asset management business.
Specifically they provide tax advice to the business in respect of the launch and ongoing management and distribution of investment funds and similar products, to identify relevant tax risks and to provide advice to the business in respect of the ongoing management of tax risk through the product life cycle.
Should you be successful in your application to this accountancy opening your responsibilities would be:
- Inform the business in respect of consultations and developments in tax law and practice relevant to the business
- Coordinate and monitor the work of external tax advisors
- Assist in the regular reporting of tax risk items and tax developments within the business.
- Report to and work together with the Global Head of Operational Tax in all tax areas within the EMEA business. The key focus in this role will be to provide tax support to the Product Development and Product Management business areas in Switzerland and Luxembourg.
- Work within a growing Asset Management tax team which will consist of seven tax professionals, of which three are dedicated to Real Estate.
To be considered for the Asset Management Tax Manager vacancy you should fit the following profile:
- At least four years of work experience in asset management taxation, ideally working in the tax department of a Big Four (or a similar organization), a big law firm and/or the tax department of a Multinational or Bank/Financial Institution)
- You will be a Qualified Accountant and/or Qualified Tax Professional [e.g. German Steuerberater, Swiss Diploma Steuerexperte UK Chartered Accountant or by having an LLM/Master in Tax / International Tax
- You should have a good knowledge of the general principles of, and issues arising with, the taxation, structuring and distribution of UCITS regulated investment funds domiciled in Luxembourg and at least one other European jurisdiction, both corporate and contractual type funds. Knowledge of Swiss domiciled funds and Swiss stamp taxes
would be a benefit.
- You will have a broad experience and understanding of the international tax issues relating to asset management and the distribution of investment funds, including double tax treaties, investor tax reporting, and cross-border VAT issues.
- Very good language skills in English and German (verbally and in writing) are required.
This opening is a great career move as it combines a great remuneration package with full perks and skills development opportunities.