This Zurich based global investment bank and asset manager is urgently seeking to appoint a Banking Services Legal Counsel. This vacancy will be based at their Zurich head quarters.
The bank distributes a series of asset management products and services based around structured investment. These are marketed to both other financial institutions and a high net worth investor channel.
The Banking Services Legal Counsel advises all product teams and bankers upon all legal issues arising from these structured products
. They also take the lead in preparing legal documentation and review all internal processes connected to this product set from a regulatory perspective. Within that overall remit are the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Fulfill all the legal and documentation requirements that happen in connection with the creation and distribution of these structured products.
- Assist the product structuring teams with the make up of the product set.
- Ensure full tax liabilities are understood, communicated and applied.
- Review all marketing collateral from a Swiss and international regulatory point of view.
- Produce all the required exchange listing documentation and all registration forms.
- Work with all supervisory authorities and financial regulators such as FINMA, FTA, SSPA and other admissions offices at a global level.
- Review and lead the negotiation of service level agreements and partnership contracts. These could be upon the sales, partnership or service support side of things.
- Provide a source of internal legal advice for fellow colleagues and advise the senior management on important legislation developments.
- Assist in answering client questions around the product set from a legal point of view.
- Lead customer complaints process and organize escalation channels.
For serious consideration for the Banking Services Legal Counsel position you should be:
- An experienced lawyer with a considerable exposure to structuring financial products and investments. It would be beneficial if you were a Swiss lawyer or an LLM Master.
- You will be able to point to at least three years PQE in drawing up of legal documentation for the financial sector.
- You will have a demons ratable knowledge of capital markets, exchanges, the issuance and sale of structured investments and tax law.
- You will speak excellent German and English,
The overall success of the banks marketing of structured products to its clientele depends on the ability of the Banking Services Legal Counsel to perform to the highest levels.
Therefore the bank is willing to put together a remuneration package that will serve to tempt the very best caliber of financial legal professional
. An extremely good salary will be mated to a large bonus and full package of executive level perks and benefits.
Besides that this career advancing opening offers you the chance to make a real name for yourself in the specialized world of investment product law, with a real global player.