The Group Board of this international investment bank is keen to hire a Banking Strategy Counsel to advise them on formulating a long term roadmap
to meet the challenges of asset management in the new regulatory environment. This role is based at head quarters in Zurich, with regular travel to other global locations, especially New York and London.
The Banking Strategy Counsel role is part of the Corporate Development department and advises directly the main board of the bank and executive management team. This is in many ways a completely unique opportunity that would suit an experienced banking professional with experience in formulating strategy at other investment banks or hedge funds. Central to it all is to take ownership of evolving the direction the bank is taking and evolving its existing business model to allow it to succeed in the present economic and political climate. In every sense of the word this is a business critical position, as it will allow the successful applicant to help shape the banks business and its role in finance over the next decade.
The executive management team is a dynamic body, made up of high profile, well established banking professionals with extensive experience. The Corporate Development department is an entrepreneurial body that shapes their decisions and influences policy. The Banking Strategy Counsel plays a direct role in doing just that. This role offers a wide variety of stimulating strategy reviews
and the scope to actively suggest new directions. The Banking Strategy Counsel can expect to have to:
- Offer full support to the board and executive managers, allowing them to brain storm new directions by the use of strategy workshops. The Banking Strategy Counsel will host, set up and run these on behalf of the Group board.
- Take ownership of specific initiatives involved in the overall strategy. These will often take the form of projects that internally (and on occasion externally) promote the new strategy and establish the key criteria for success in its implementation.
- Design, create and supervise the building of review and analysis systems and tools to support strategy evolution projects. These will allow board members to track, monitor and measure the implementation. It is also envisaged they will allow real time ad hoc reporting to all stake holders.
- Provide a reporting mechanism to the board that takes into account regional performance levels and divisional / banking type splits.
- Manage the goals and provide mentorship and leadership to project leaders across the group.
- Work closely with all department heads to ensure the new strategy is implemented.
To be considered for the Banking Strategy Counsel vacancy you should fit the following ideal candidate profile:
- At least five years prior experience in a banking consultant role at another investment bank, private equity company or top tier strategy consultancy firm in their banking services team.
- You will have an outstanding academic record.
- You will have seriously deep understanding of investment banking, private banking and asset management.
- First rate analysis, project management, debating and presentation skills.
- Fluent in English.
As one would expect the Banking Strategy Counsel vacancy commands a top of line remuneration package and all the trimmings.