The bond trading team at this Swiss investment bank is keen to appoint a new Bond Trader to join their Emerging markets Corporate team.
On the back on increased demand for bond traders in CEMBI emerging market the bank would like to hire a specialist Corporate Bond Trader. Working of part of a highly active buy side department the Bond Trader covers the growing market for debt instruments
created by corporate and rapidly growing firms in the emerging markets. This has been mainly a result of the long term issuance windfall that has occurred and the retrenchment of treasury paper. The banks has a range of clients for this type of debt including international hedge funds, private equity firms, unit trusts, mutual, pension funds and proprietary trading teams at other investment banks.
The Corporate Bond Trader executes and selects Emerging Corporate bond trades in accordance with the overall investment strategy and guidelines provided by the clients. It is central to the banks overall asset management strategy to increase the sustainability of all asset allocation undertaken and the Emerging Corporate Bond team plays its part in that. In many ways the bank can offer its client a long term overall return on its debt instruments and products and the CEMBI Emerging market is a key growth area
and opportunity for the bank to exploit and resell on.
With this core remit the Corporate Bond Trader has a number of key responsibilities and duties, which are listed below:
- Obviously to execute trades within the Emerging Debt marketplace.
- Assist the increasing overall performance of the fund and its trading capabilities. Key to this is to manage and reduce performance slippage, whilst minimizing costs and resource drain.
- Increase the funds overall performance in the emerging debt indices.
- Undertake a full review of all trading tools and ensure the bank is using the latest best practice datasets. This is an ongoing process and the trading tool product development team take their lead from the Traders. It is expected any trader worth his / her salt will be aware of the optimum trading set up and what tools are being introduced and trailed elsewhere.
- The bank has a massive correspondent network across all geographies. The Corporate Bond Trader is expected to optimize the Emerging Corporate debt coverage across those and to add new relationships as and where needed.
- As the lead for the Emerging Corporate Bond market you will receive from the analyst teams the latest specialized research and analysis. Many other colleagues with in the bank, and key tier one clients would benefit from this research. It is the responsibility of the trader to ensure that this information is passed on to parties, where it will benefit customer relationship building, increase trading volumes and assist other teams within the bank sell the banks services.
- As you are aware this market is undergoing huge growth and the focus of the investment community is upon it. The bank wants to build a real name for itself in this market and as such requires that the Corporate Bond Trader builds a real name for, not just the bank, but themselves in this marketplace.
To be considered for this Zurich based trading job you must have / be:
- At least three years previous experience in trading Emerging Corporate Bonds for another investment bank, hedge fund or asset manager.
- Hold a numerate degree
- A skilled, IT loving user of the latest trading tools & platforms, a Bloomberg and Reuters guru
- Fluent in English and French
The banks focus is really on this desk at the very highest levels. As such the bonus available to the individual that successfully makes the banks name in the Emerging space will be the envy of nearly all other trading floors. Everything else â basic salary, perks and benefits will be taken care of as a matter of course, but the bonus (and the associated glory) should be your motivation. If it isnât - this is not for you, itâs that simple.