This well known Swiss private bank and international wealth management firm is actively seeking to hire a new Compliance and Risk Manager to join their global risk team in Geneva.
The key activity in this Geneva based banking compliance job is to undertake that all funds managed by the banks fund management practice are in total compliance with the Swiss and international regulatory frameworks and the investments held by these match the overall propensity to risk established by the fund managers.
The Compliance and Risk Manager plays a critical role in the delegation and overview of all the asset and portfolio management
undertaken by the fund management department (s). As part of this overall remit there are a number key responsibilities and duties. These are detailed below:
- Managing, supervising and leading the legal and regulatory framework for all fund products and the professionals that manage them.
- Formally outline, write up and monitor the risk profile for every individual fund product.
- Using the risk framework set specific investment criteria and constraints. Ensure that these measures are clearly documented and available as data sets in the appropriate tools and software; as used by the asset management professionals.
- Perform daily checks on all risk profiles, risk criteria and investment constraints. Monitor the set risk allocation profiles of all funds and investment vehicles.
- Manage, access, process and document all exceptions to the risk policy and compliance “incidents”
- Ensure that the compliance and risk documentation is up to date and that all procedures are get current and any revisions disseminated to the staff as soon as possible.
- Lead the introduction and implementation of a series of corrective risk measures and develop the current system of indicators used in the risk management and monitoring processes.
- Identify improvements and added efficiency
that can be added to the risk management processes around portfolio management. Act as the main point of advice for the asset management teams when these processes are introduced.
- Work as a key consultant on the current project to standardize the risk monitoring systems across all the banks asset management departments. Work specifically with other risk departments in Geneva and Luxembourg to ensure that the most effective solutions are adopted.
For serious consideration for the Compliance and Risk Manager job opening you should have the following professional profile:
- You will be degree educated and also hold a post graduate diploma; for example CAIA, FRM, AZEK or FRM will be perfect.
- You will have at least three years previous experience in risk management, risk auditing or risk process assessment.
- You will have a first rate understanding of most financial products, especially investment funds.
- You will have a good knowledge of the compliance requirements for funds in Switzerland and the fund industry regulatory landscape in general.
- You will be a current Swiss resident or eligible for a Swiss work permit (note EU citizenship does not entitle you to this).
- Finally you speak fluent English and French.
To ensure the appointment of the very best applicant the bank has set aside a truly outstanding remuneration package. To find out more or to apply for this job immediately simply click on the button above and follow the guidelines as provided.