International wealth manager and investment bank, head quartered in Zurich, is seeking to add a proven Director of Asset Management to its senior management team.
The Director of Asset Management is responsible for the Investment Management team within the bank and reports directly to the Wealth Management President. It is the duty of the Director of Asset Management to lead the investment committee and investment board
as well as the actual Investment Management department, and as such this position is a senior executive job.
In this outstanding senior executive job opportunity your team is responsible for implementing and monitoring the investment management process, products and pricing of the Wealth Management divisions products.
Coupled with that you will be asked to ensure the success of those products and define an appropriate “product universe”. To do this you will need to establish relationships with external product suppliers, internal product specialists and analyst teams.
It will also fall in your remit as Director of Asset Management to have all monitoring of the regulatory and tax aspects in the context of the investment process, undertaken.
You will set up investment control and risk procedures together with the Compliance & Risk Officer to closely monitor investment decisions. Key to this Switzerland job will be your ability to inform, liaise and influence the Wealth Management Advisory teams and Portfolio Management department on products and client requirements.
Finally you will be responsible for building your Investment Management department being responsible for recruiting and people development in cooperation with Group HR and within budget.
- To be considered for the Director of Asset Management you should have at least 7 years
of relevant experience and a proven track record in the wealth management industry.
- It is expected you will be educated to at least degree level and have an extensive background in risk management, product development, portfolio construction, research and modeling.
- You will need to be able to take successful, reasoned, and timely decisions associated with all aspects of managing a client portfolio – there fore decisiveness and intellect are essential.
- Coupled with that given the current environment you will need a firm grasp of operational framework and regulatory obligations of US authorities.
- Finally you will need to be a skilled German and English speaker, with the linguistic skill to motivate individuals and explained complex analysis in both languages.
Obviously the Director of Asset Management is a very well remunerated position – as the bank truly feels to ensure the right individual is recruited only the best salary and benefits package will do.
It really is a truly life changing career opportunity only suitable for the best.