The global investment bank, listed on the Swiss Stock Exchange and headquartered in Zurich, is looking to bring on board a new Financial Controls Manager to help develop their internal controls.
The bank provides banking services from key Swiss, European, Asian, American and offshore jurisdictions. The Bank is looking to expand the Finance and Accounting Department, and is currently looking to hire an individual who will help drive the improvements in the internal control environment within the Finance Department of the Swiss Bank and manage finance related control projects across the wider Group.
The Financial Controls Manager reports directly to the Group Controller, and has been given the scope to develop the Internal Control framework of the Group. In this well paid Swiss banking job you will be responsible for all aspects of Internal Controls within the Finance Department, including managing the account ownership and general ledger account confirmation process. Your role will be value adding and key to the on-going success of improving the control environment at bank. This is an excellent role if you are looking for breadth and depth in a financial control role within the Private Banking Industry. Core duties and responsibilities can be broken down into the following:
- Co-ordinating and managing the quarterly account confirmation process for all Group entities.
- Maintaining oversight of key financial controls, such as ownership of general ledger accounts, with related liaison function with all other areas of the Swiss Bank and its numerous subsidiaries based globally.
- Manage any internal audit issues raised, to improve the control environment within the Finance function.
- Document the key control processes in the Finance function, and identify any control weaknesses and suggest and implement control improvements.
- Liaison with internal auditors and external auditors during period reviews.
- Work with department heads to resolve issues and/or questions that arise with risks, controls and assisting in the documenting/review of any new processes/controls that are required.
For serious consideration as an applicant for the Financial Controls Manager vacancy you should come from a Financial Services organisation or an audit firm where you have been carrying out internal audit or internal control related activities. It should be your goal to develop into a Financial Control job and be operating in an autonomous environment where you can grow both your career and skill set.
You will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of accounting, auditing and internal controls. In addition, the ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment is a must.
It is expected you will be a qualified accountant with experience within the “Big 4” or equivalent level. Lastly you will be fluent in English with German or French a bonus.
The Financial Controls Manager is a strategic appointment for the bank and as such commands an outstanding remuneration package and full package of benefits / perks for the successful applicant.