This international Swiss investment bank, head quartered in Zurich, is looking to recruit a new Fixed Income Analyst and Structurer to work alongside their bond sales and trading teams. This is a senior level analyst / structuring expert level
appointment and is central the banks plans to reposition its fixed income business in the coming twelve months.
The bank markets a number of different bond products to other financial institutions like other European banks, investment managers, pension schemes , insurance and re-insurance firms and specialised and well known individual investors. They work in concert with the client relationship teams to provide expert advice, information, portfolio recommendations and list for consumption by that diverse mix of clients.
Here is a full breakdown of the Fixed Income Analyst and Structurer role:
1. To create lists of new bond recommendations to be used by the banks client relationship managers. Many of these sales personnel market investment grade and also distressed bonds, high yield fixed income instruments and structured debt. The Fixed Income Analyst and Structurer acts as a source of expertise on fixed income products and the market for their clients.
2. Analyse the customers existing fixed income portfolios and make recommendations based upon their past investment history with the bank and their propensity for risk. Ensure your full participation in setting investment strategy (fixed income) with all portfolio managers.
3. Design and develop a series of new fixed income products. Create the sales and marketing strategies around these new products. By working closely with sales and trading teams ensure they are designed with the client base in mind and meet the banks growth objectives.
4. Structure all tailored solutions to meet all the banks risk framework / guidelines and exposure requirements.
5. Handle client fixed income enquiries and requests for information. Be directly involved in proposal writing, customer report making, client communications and creating fixed income investment commentary for use by the sales and trading departments. Create a day to day market report, which provides market performance data and trend guides, for consumption internally by the trading desks and client facing teams.
6. In specific cases as directed by senior management, the Fixed Income Analyst and Structurer will act as the primary contact for fixed income investment related matters for top tier clients.
7. Build a network amongst the banks other fixed income specialists that can be leveraged to create a respected fixed income advisory service, both internally and externally.
8. Work closely with sales and trading colleagues to structure portfolios and create trading strategies that maximize revenues and present cross selling opportunities for the bank.
For serious consideration as an applicant to the Fixed Income Analyst and Structurer vacancy you should be:
- Holding at least three years experience in trading, analyzing or ideally structuring fixed income products
at another investment bank or asset manager.
- Hold a financial qualification like CFA, AZEK etc
- Fluency in English and German.
To the successful applicant the bank is offering a first class remuneration package, including full bonus. You will also be joining a well established bank with big plans for its fixed income business; plans that the Fixed Income Analyst and Structurer will be central to.
To make your application simply click at the top of this job specification and enter the essential information. Good luck.