Working out of its Geneva global head quarters the Global wealth management department is essential in this international banks plans for future growth.
Critical to those developments in the appointed of a Global Director of Wealth Planning to co-ordinate and bring to fruition those strategic goals.
The Banks Ultra High Net worth clients are increasingly using the Tax and estate planning service as they consider their personal and business wealth. As Global Director of Wealth Planning you will help set the direction those services take.
Make no mistake this is a high caliber position
as you will head up Wealth Planning and working with all the Heads of Wealth Planning for Switzerland, Asia and UK to support Private Bankers in finding solutions for their clients. You will need to garner a consensus and carry out implementation of and the ongoing development of global strategy for Wealth Planning.
Working in conjunction with the Heads of Private Banking you will agree core markets to develop professionally advised wealth structuring solutions.
You will need to understand the demands placed upon the Wealth Planners who fall under your remit and develop products and services to meet their client’s requirements. Training, development of essential Wealth Planning literature and agreeing the annual Wealth Planning revenue targets also falls in your remit.
As Global Director of Wealth Planning you can expect to be asked to:
- Work with Private Banking to recruit world class Wealth Planners
- Work with Heads of Private Banking and Regional Heads of Wealth Planning to agree focus markets for wealth planning solutions
- Develop and implement global Wealth Planning strategy
- Establish policies and procedures for delivering Wealth Planning to clients
- Attend client meetings with Private Bankers when required
- Identify new wealth structuring products and solutions
- Work with Regional Heads of Wealth Planning to develop and implement annual marketing plans for Wealth Planners
- Develop network of Key Business Introducers in partnership with Heads of Private Banking and Regional Heads of Wealth Planning
- Take ownership for and develop Wealth Planning marketing literature
- Work with Heads of training globally to deliver wealth structuring and trust and fiduciary services product training to Private Bankers and Wealth Planners
- In liaison with Wealth Management Risk, ensure a suitable risk management framework and support tools are in place that enable line managers within your business to systematically identify, monitor, document and report, on a prioritized basis, the key risks within their business
- Alert senior management / board of significant failures or changes to the business risk profile.
To be considered for this senior executive banking job you should have a proven track record of high performance in a senior Wealth Planning role for an international bank, legal firm or wealth management practice.
You should be able to demonstrate experience in working with external advisors such as lawyers, accountants and tax specialists. It is expected you will have considerable knowledge of multi-jurisdictional tax and a first rate knowledge of private banking, credit and investments.
In this well paid Switzerland job you must be fully conversant with wealth structuring vehicles
and have a complete understanding of wealth planning.
Obviously the Global Director of Wealth Planning, as befits a senior executive in private banking, commands a truly excellent salary and benefits package.