This exciting vacancy is on behalf of a global re-insurance specialist, head quarted in Paris, but who operate on a pan continental basis including operations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Latin America. To continue to offer the highest level of service, which cover a diverse range of insurance specialism they are keen to appoint a new Global Natural Hazards & Catastrophe Risk Analyst.
The firm has an award winning range of services and solutions covering the entire re-insurance spectrum. They offer risk management packages which permit their clients to reduce the risks associated with their underwritten policies by spreading risks and reduce liabilities across alternative institutions and bodies. They offer Catastrophe Excess Reinsurance
across a number of key markets including coverage for agriculture, aviation, credit guarantee, engineering, travel, shipping and manufacturing. They clients include the worlds largest catastrophe specialists and their reinsurance offerings underpin a significant portion of the industries catastrophe underwritten policies.
The Global Natural Hazards & Catastrophe Risk Analyst works as a central appointment in the main catastrophe risk analysis team. Essentially they are tasked with providing a range of precise, in depth analysis of all catastrophic risks that the firm could be exposed too from within its total international portfolio (which covers all clients, policies & treaties). To do that it is expected they will employ the best available analytical tools, models and processes. They is a considerable budget available
to ensure that the Global Natural Hazards & Catastrophe Risk Analyst has all the tools required to meet this challenging roles requirements.
Here is a detailed breakdown of the Global Natural Hazards & Catastrophe Risk Analyst's responsibilities, duties and commonly undertaken tasks that are associated with meeting the overall remit just described: -
- To analyze the portfolio of business in terms if accumulation, pricing, risk and relate that to modeled and specific events. To do that your workload will take the form of regular activities and ad-hoc projects.
- Modeling and pricing all Catastrophe risk in your portfolio. Also measure validation, exposure and model senstivity to other factors and external events.
- Managing the data collection, its consolidation, export / import into tools and reporting work flow.
- Complete analysis of exposures to natural events. Also to measure and monitor the disaster risk accumulation (both notional and PML). It is expected you will compile a accumulation report for senior management on a regular basis.
- Assisting the pricing team will valuing cat risk. These will be used to price standard re-insurance contracts.
- Assisting the renewal team by producing industry leading analysis of cat risks and tailored specific data relevant to that individual client.
To be put in consideration for this vacancy you should be a Catastrophe professional with:-
~ At least three years experience of modeling Cat risk using quantitative models at another insurance provider, bank or within a scientific establishment (including universities).
~ Hold at the very least a Masters / Doctorate in a numerate subject that involves considerable analysis, data collation and modeling. Obviously applicants with a full educational background in Natural Sciences / disaster risk management will be welcomed.
~ A complete understanding of how insurance and re-insurance work. Applicants who have already some experience in Cat modeling tools and software are also encouraged to apply.
~ Fluent English is essential.
Quality Cat Risk analysis professionals do not grow on trees and as such this firm is willing to really push the boat out in crafting the kind of renumeration package that would tempt the very best applicants.
You can make you application or find out more by clicking "apply" above.