This international Swiss private bank is looking to recruit an experienced Head of Compliance to work from there Geneva office.
The Head of Compliance manages the Compliance Department in Geneva and supports the Private Banking Front Management and Relationship Managers of the Suisse Romande in all Compliance relevant subjects. This overall duty can be broken down into the following:
- Perform Compliance Assessments
(background checks) for prospect clients with higher risks.
- Enforce anti-money laundering (AML) standards and assess unusual transactions.
- Support the External Asset Managers' Desk in Geneva.
- Support monitoring and enforcement of guidelines related to cross border activities.
- Handle requests and questions by Management and RMs
- Attend regular meetings with Front/Management representatives (Management meetings)
- Provide training sessions (new staff training, annual refreshers and ad hoc trainings)
- Perform Compliance Monitoring function
- Coordinate and cooperate with other Compliance Desks, Legal and Business Risk Management
To be considered for this well paid Swiss banking job you should have the following profile:
- Excellent people management and ability to manage in a highly complex environment.
- Analytical, synthesis, organizational skills
- Sense of priorities
- Knowledge of compliance areas as regards banking
- Fluent English and French, other languages would be an asset
- Law degree or degree in Business Administration
- 5-10 years professional experience of which minimum five
have been spent in an international financial institution, managing in a highly complex environment
- At least 5 years experience in the Compliance area in the (private) banking industry.
The Head of Compliance as you would expect offers a first rate remuneration package and flexible pension arrangements and favourable fringe benefits. It is a senior management role and as such you will be given the opportunity to help the bank meet the increasing compliance challenges it faces.