This Zurich headquartered private bank is looking to hire a Head of Risk Framework to oversee its risk policy department and supervise the evolution of all the risk policies.
The Head of Risk Framework is a vital appointment for the bank. Given the increasing pressure upon the risk team and the need to have clear, rapidly evolving guidelines and policies – this is seen as a strategic Zurich banking position.
The successful candidate to the Head of Risk Framework vacancy will report directly the banks Chief Risk Officer and Head of Operational Risk
as part of the Operational Risk Leadership Team.
Key duties for this well paid banking job can be broken down into:
• Responsible for operational risk management framework, and policies, ensuring that
Bank’s operational risk profile is reported accurately and coherently to the Head of Operational Risk, Audit Committee and Wealth Management teams.
• Ensures compliance with all relevant policies that are the responsibility of Operational Risk.
• Contributes towards the development of a sound operational risk
• Plays a key role in the identification, escalation and mitigation of potential or actual operational risks.
• Ensures high quality and timely output and reports that are delivered across the relevant parties.
• Formal deputy to Head of Operational Risk.
Within that remit certain tasks can be identified:
• Responsible for the establishment and implementation of an Operational Risk Framework that is appropriate for the Bank and in alignment with group standards.
• Leadership, support and challenge to all banking departments in managing their operational risk profile, including risk assessments, key risk indicators, issues management and loss data collection.
• Expert advisor on Risk policies
agreed as being the responsibility of Operational Risk.
• Agreement with the Operational Risk Monitoring Team on the extent of monitoring required delivering full compliance.
• Preparation of reports/input to reports on Operational Risk
• Delivery of all projects mandated to the team within agreed time, cost and quality constraints.
• Representation of private bank on international group management working groups concerning operational risk development.
• Clear objectives defined for all team members so that their performance is regularly reviewed and they maintain appropriate training / personal development plans.
To be considered for the Head of Risk Framework vacancy you should have at least a decades worth of financial services experience.
You will have extensive working knowledge of operational risk practices and a clear understanding of operational risk issues and their commercial impacts. You will be able to point to a proven track record of strong relationship skills at all levels both internally and externally.
You will have a strong knowledge of private banking, asset management, and financial products.
The Head of Risk Framework is a senior, business critical appointment and as such the post commands a very attractive remuneration package, full senior executive benefits and access to a performance related banking bonus.