This global insurance management organization and international risk specialist is looking to recruit an Insurance Compliance Manager to be based in their office in Zurich.
The firm is a giant in the world of specialist insurance and reinsurance solutions. Its sixty thousand employees service thousands of customers; from individuals to other global corporates and household names. Currently they operate in more than one hundred and seventy countries and market a diverse range of insurance products, risk advisory consultancy and risk management solutions.
The Insurance Compliance Manager works in the central Group Compliance department, reporting directly to the director of this business unit, the Group Compliance Director. The cornerstone of this position is to undertake the identification and analysis of compliance risks
that effect all the groupsâ business units and service offerings. A particular area of focus is upon the accurate and measured monitoring of compliance risks within a defined analytical model.
The Insurance Compliance Manager will support the overall identification and regular analysis undertaken by the compliance department. They will be charged with defining, analysing and documenting all identified compliance risks. Working side by side with the Group Risk Management team they will correct where possible and escalate to senior management certain risks as they are identified. It will also be the remit of the Insurance Compliance Manager to establish the escalation chain and define a group methodology which clearly defines how and when to escalate, the full execution of oversight and how all monitoring and risk reviews are undertaken on all compliance documentation and policies.
As well as this core internal duties the Insurance Compliance Manager will seek to disseminate this expertise across all the groupsâ business units. They will be charged with creating a compliance aware culture and to build a network of like minded insurance professionals who understand and can act as local hubs of compliance know how in all regions and geographies. The Insurance Compliance Manager will support and foster this knowledge exchange and seek always to ensure that any change to compliance policy, documentation or monitoring are quickly and accurately passed down the relevant channels.
To be considered for this Zurich based compliance vacancy you will have to fit a clearly defined profile built up by the company. This profile is as follows:
- You will have at least seven years experience in compliance analysis and management
. Whilst this does not have to be in insurance it would be beneficial if it was and you will at least have to display an understanding of latest regulations to affect the industry, like Solvency II.
- You will be degree educated with either a Masters or a Bachelors degree in a numerate subject like maths, finance, business administration, law, economics or one of the sciences.
- It is expected you will skilled in drafting compliance policies and other internal process guidelines and will have experienced doing so in a risk management, internal control or audit type function.
- You will be a true organiser and able to work a virtual network across many countries and time zones.
- You will be a skilled net worker, leader and motivator who posses a clear communication style and an outgoing personality.
- You will have fluent English.
- You are capable of accurate measurement and monitoring of internal compliance processes and able to report to senior management in a concise, accurate manner.
This company has a well established reputation as the best payers in the industry, indeed it almost a matter of pride (and also solid business practice) to make sure their staff are better remunerated than their competition. The Insurance Compliance Manager vacancy is no exception. You can apply by clicking on the âapplyâ button above and making your application.