The Zurich office of global investment bank is looking to appoint a Middle Eastern Banking Project Leader to supervise and lead a number of strategic private banking projects in the Middle East.
Whilst this position in the business development practice of the banks private banking arm is based in Switzerland, its main focus is upon the Middle East region. The bank defines that region as the Gulf, Lebanon, India, Turkey and North Africa. The Middle Eastern Banking Project Leader is charged with developing and leading a number of separate projects designed to increase the penetration of private banking services
into this key growth region.
Within the overall responsibility of leading the planning, strategy and initiatives for the private banking teams and defining them into projects are these tasks and duties:
- Leading a number of business critical projects and supporting their progression from the initial brief to full implementation.
- Ensuring these projects meet existing and new client needs and provide a competitive advantage to the private banking teams in the region.
- Prepare the initial market launch strategies for key geographies and reports on how to increase the profitability and performance of the existing establishments in the region.
- Support the regions senior management team in project implementation.
- A core project will be to ensure all the regions banking teams are operating on an integrated front and the business networking is conducted in the right manner, measured and reported upon.
- Create a team of project leaders who can deliver these projects ensuring that the right expertise is hired, process driven mind set employed and mentor and guide “your” team in achieving its goals.
For serious consideration for this Zurich based banking job you should fit the following candidate profile, which the bank has provided:
- At least five years working in a management consulting practice or another investment / private bank in a similar project leader position.
- Degree educated in a numerate degree.
- Applications from MBA holders will be welcomed.
- A demonstrable knowledge of private banking / wealth management
- Exposure and an understanding of the Middle East - its culture and working practices
- Outstanding conceptual and “visioning” abilities
- First rate process analysis skills
- Fluent English, with Arabic being a real bonus and German being useful for working in the HQ.
- Willingness to travel in the region on a regular basis.
The Middle East geography is a region where the bank expects to see a great deal of its private banking growth coming from. The bank believes its class leading suite of private banking products, access to international asset management teams and award winning platform provide an initial competitive advantage. However it recognizes that other banks see the region as a key area for their growth, therefore the Middle Eastern Banking Project Leader is a key appointment to being able to “ring fence” those market growth opportunities.
Simply put the Middle Eastern Banking Project Leader is the key to the private banking team’s performance over the next five to eight years. As such this appointment is being given serious focus all the way up to board level. For the right individual a brilliant remuneration package will be created – which will take into account and reward (both monetarily and career progression wise) performance in this role.