This large international banking concern is looking to recruit an Operational Risk Controller for its Pan European risk department, based in its Zurich office.
The Operational Risk Controller works with in the Risk Control centre – a business unit that assumes risk leadership and acts as a Competence Centre for the Risk Officers in all the European locations. It acts as interface between the functional operational risk officers, the project and governance team and the operational risk controllers in the European Locations. The Operational Risk Controller is tasked with the following roles and responsibilities:
• To facilitate and assist the Europe Management Teams in their duty to implement and comply with the Operational Risk Framework.
• To support and maintain the effectiveness of Regional / Local Risk Governance Structures
• To undertake transparent, timely and objective Risk
• To support a structured and consistent Operational Risk Assessment Process
The Operational Risk Controller is responsible for independent and objective checks on key risk-taking activities by the business, for example:
• They supervise and review the activities of business management to ensure that businesses are conducted within risk policies and limits (e.g. workflow assessments)
• They perform independent ad-hoc analysis and targeted risk and process reviews (i.e. assessment of control design and effectiveness) within the region
• Pro-actively the Operational Risk Controller identifies risks through monitoring of e.g. metrics, operational risk identifiers and OR risk incidents (in-/external)
Coupled with these duties in this well paid Switzerland job you will act as partner and consultant on operational risk to the business. It will be your remit to offer expert advice and guidance on development, implementation and maintenance of risk policies, procedures and controls. You will also be tasked with the provision of training to foster strong risk culture and outstanding levels of risk awareness in Europe.
Together with the rest of your team, the Operational Risk Controller is responsible to achieve the set targets and effectively discharge the roles and responsibilities
To be considered for this Swiss banking job you should have at least five years experience in risk/control functions preferably from another international financial services firm. It is expected you will be educated to University and/or higher education degree level. Combined the above you will be well versed in dealing with Senior Management and all levels of the organization, excellent in communication skills and strong diplomatic flair. You will be fluent in German and English, Italian, Spanish and French would be beneficial as this is a pan European banking job. You will have excellent knowledge of MS Office-Applications (i.e. Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
Obviously the Operational Risk Controller, as befits a senior executive in risk management, commands a truly excellent salary and benefits package. For more information on the Operational Risk Controller opportunity or other Switzerland jobs or Zurich banking jobs please contact our Switzerland banking recruitment consultants.