This Zurich based international Hedge Fund manager has a range of commodity funds which it markets on an international basis. Due to continued growth in this area of its business the firm is keen to hire a new Petroleum and Metals Analyst. This role is based at the firms Zurich head quarters, although will involve travel to other divisions and subsidiaries in New York, London, the Cayman Islands and Hong Kong.
The firm markets a series of commodity based hedge funds to high net worth investors and other financial institutions. As of June this year they had $3.8 billion AUM. A core component of the Petroleum and Metals Analyst vacancy will be conducting research and in-depth analysis on commodity products (Metals and Petroleum)
for a couple of these long only hedge funds. The majority of these funds actively trade in commodity assets from the emerging markets, indeed it is the companies investment strategy to leverage the opportunities associated with rapid growth in these markets, particularly in the oil and mining sectors. The second key advantage of such investment decisions is that it leads to significant portfolio diversification, and therefore reduced risk. Finally the record of the markets for such assets has shown these kinds of investments can offer protection against inflation and the firm markets them as such to investors. It is essential that these funds out perform the DJ-UBS Commodity Index and as such making key investment decisions accurately and promptly based on solid research is key. Hence the importance of the Petroleum and Metals Analyst appointment to the organisation.
The responsibilities and duties of the Petroleum and Metals Analyst are as follows:
- Undertake continuous research on commodities in key markets and help uncover new opportunities for the fund manager to review.
- Create tailored investment proposals for the Fund Managers based on specific Metal and Petroleum asset classes.
- Build a close working relationship with the Fund Managers, portfolio management team and other analysts.
- Contribute to the firms initiatives around quantative tool development and analyst profiling suite.
To be considered as a serious application for the Petroleum and Metals Analyst vacancy you must ensure that you are:
- Holding at least three years commodity research experience
, that was gained working at another hedge fund, asset manager or investment bank, or perhaps within the analysis department of a specialist commodity, like Glencore.
- You will have a first class degree in a numerate subject that has an element of quantities analysis like economics, mathematics, finance or one of the sciences.
- You will have in depth knowledge of one or more specialised commodity sectors from petroleum products, industrial metals or precious metals.
- You will be a skilled user and developer of research, measurement and investment software tools. You will have a high level of skill in building spreadsheets and perhaps you will be able to program Visual Basic or Mat Lab.
- You will be a fluent English speaker and have some German.
This company has a well established reputation for financially remunerating its staff at the highest levels in the fund industry. They pride themselves of their ability to attract the best. You can apply by hitting the apply button above.