As the job title suggests the Qualified Accountant is a senior accountancy role in the back office function of the Geneva main finance department. The main duties and responsibilities for this well paid Swiss Accountancy job are listed here:
1. Maintenance of Accounts in accordance with the standards in December-FBC
2. The fee for VAT reconciliations, counting, calculating the rate of recovery
3. Registration of manual entries
4. Review and monitor daily accounting summaries
5. Management of the withholding tax (quarterly breakdown and recovery for the House)
6. Monitoring of suspense accounts
7. Treatment of error reports
8. Reimbursement of travel expenses and, eventually, participation in the migration of this activity on SAP
9. Manage invoices Travel
10. Registration of items relating to the field
11. Participation in six-monthly review of internal accounting
12. Exchange Control
13. Monitoring of new developments in accounting regulation and implementation of measures necessary
14. Management accounting systems in collaboration with IT (updated accounting rules, management accounting).
15. Participation in cross-cutting projects involving accounting
To be considered for the Qualified Accountant vacancy you should have at least five years Accountancy experience – gained from within a bank, preferably a Swiss private bank. At interview you can expect to be asked to display your extensive knowledge of managing VAT in a banking environment and good knowledge of the regulatory environment (DEC-CFB). Needless to say you should be an Excel power user and have good English. It would be beneficial if the successful applicant for the Qualified Accountant job had previously used SAP – particularly the SAP FI / CO module.
The Qualified Accountant role is a well paid Switzerland job offering a good basic salary and a full package of benefits. For more information on the Qualified Accountant opportunity or other Swiss accountancy jobs please contact our Switzerland Accountancy recruitment consultants.