This global wealth management leader is looking to recruit an experienced Risk Manager for its Geneva based private banking division.
The Private Banking team targets wealthy individuals and families in 36 countries around the world, and enjoys a great relationship with some of worlds Ultra High Net Worth individuals.
The Private Bank is currently seeking a Risk Manager to join the Geneva Risk Management team and assist in providing risk oversight of the Private Banking platform. In this senior Swiss banking job within the Risk Management team in Geneva, the role will require interaction with a wide range of senior management, Front Office, Technology and Operations staff in Geneva & across EMEA. It will be necessary to act as liaison with Risk colleagues globally to assist the Head of the Risk Management in Geneva in ensuring the maintenance of a robust risk management framework in Geneva. Within this overall remit the following responsibilities apply:
- Assisting the Head of Risk Management Geneva with the ongoing assessment of the Risk Management framework in Geneva to ensure it remains relevant to the business strategy and development.
- Deputise for the Head of Risk Management Geneva during his absence and holiday periods
- Provide advice to the business on a wide range of ad-hoc market, operational and client related situations to ensure that business is facilitated in a risk-aware manner.
- Provide advice to the business on New Business Initiatives such as new product development and determine the impact of these initiatives across all aspects of the private banking team and other locations serviced from Geneva.
- Provide advice to the business on customized one-off transactions and coordinate the support model and execution around these transactions
- Represent the Risk team at a variety of committees and internal forums
- Interact with external auditors and regulators and assist in providing guidance on internal audits and compliance reviews.
- Taking necessary steps to surface emerging risks that may impact the Geneva platform as a result of changing market conditions, new regulations, new products, business processes or changing client behaviour.
- Coordinate the investigation of operational errors, the corrective action required, and complete any inquiry and follow-up actions required to mitigate the risk of a recurrence.
- Assist in the development of team members and provide training to new employees; assist with continuing education requirements, and providing special training as warranted on specific topics.
- Assessment of transaction suitability and key risks for complex products across asset classes including equities, fixed income, FX, commodities.
- Assess Alternative investments against the client's Risk profile, investment objectives, financials and current investment concentration.
- Ad hoc projects as assigned by the Head of Risk Management Geneva.
To be considered for the Risk Manager vacancy you should have at least three years experience in a Risk oversight or Compliance role and at least five years banking experience with preferably retail client focus, or equivalent. You will have a solid understanding of investment products across assets and markets and knowledge of regulatory requirements and best practices in the industry.
The Risk Manager is a senior Geneva banking job, of up most importance to the success of the private banking department. As such it commands an excellent remuneration package, bonus and full package of benefits