This global reinsurance and corporate risk management solutions provider is looking to appoint a Senior Actuary to join its Zurich based Reserving department.
Reporting directly to the Head of Global Reserving, the Senior Actuary takes charge of some specific reserving analysis and the creation of the non-life reserving deliverables the entire group uses. Should your application for this well paid Zurich vacacny be accepted you can expect to find yourself undertaking the following tasks:
- Perform quarterly reserve analyses for all non-life business resulting in recommended IBNR levels and estimated ultimate technical results by segment and underwriting year. This is done on a global basis and includes business written in Asia, Bermuda, Canada, France, Ireland, Switzerland and the US.
- You will work with the Global Reserving Team to ensure that the non-life reserving deliverables are completed within scheduled deadlines with high quality standards; this includes quarterly reserve indications, estimates of ultimate technical results by segment and underwriting year, related data management, booking and reconciliation of selected reserves, maintaining an appropriate documentation of processes and procedures, providing summary reports and management information, and meeting obligations for required internal, US GAAP, and local regulatory reporting.
- Communicate and present results of reserve reviews to business units and senior management.
- Develop a sound understanding of the data management for the reserving and reporting processes.
- Help performing portfolio level Return on Equity measurements by segment and underwriting year and convert these results to financial year returns.
- Manage and participate in selected projects to improve actuarial information and methodology.
For serious consideration for the Senior Actuary job opening you should have at least five years experience in non-life reserving or pricing of reinsurance business and hold a professional actuarial qualification.
You will also have outstanding data management skills including the use of SAS, visual basic, and MS Office.
You must have fluent English with German and / or French being beneficial. Finally you will have a willingness to travel.
The Senior Actuary is a crucial appointment for this Swiss insurance company. As such they are offering an excellent salary and benefits package.
This goes hand in hand with what is viewed as one of the best bonus schemes available in the reinsurance sector.