This international private bank, head quartered in Switzerland and expanding via acquisition needs to ramp up its Compliance resource. To meet expected further regulatory requirements and increased drain on the existing department following a recent bank purchase the Bank wants to recruit a Senior Compliance Officer. This Swiss is based in Geneva.
The Senior Compliance Officer’s responsibilities encompass a broad range of Compliance tasks. However if we could highlight the main emphasis, it would be upon developing and growing the Compliance directives and their procedures. In this well paid Swiss Compliance position
we can break the duties down into a few main areas, which are:
In general to make a Contribution, when required, with administration decisions at the regional and/or world-wide level which affect the Banks regulatory adherence.
With regards to undertaking and completing any compliance reviews:
• Liaison with in-house and also outside audits relevant to the Compliance function
• Guaranteeing well-timed as well as correct corrective steps as and when required
• From time to time be involved or monitor reviews conducted in concert with the Auditors
Compliance Administration & Everyday activities:
• Be accountable for making certain the execution of the Banks Compliance directives, for upgrading present or even issuing brand-new directives
• Guidance of far more junior staff members
• Assist the actual Group Chief Compliance Manager with Compliance associated issues
Strategic Compliance Projects:
• Maintain your Participation plus oversight of the compliance issues with integration of brand new bank purchases or the setting-up with any fresh organizations
• Examine new business endeavours with regard to Compliance linked difficulties
• Cross border routines
• Resolve any Conflicts of Interest
• Marketplace abuse regulations
• Advancement of the world-wide overseeing programs
• Marketplace Timing along with other investing linked concerns
• Due diligence of fresh purchases
• Oversight of locations with regards to adherence of FINMA rules (e. g. AML, CDB, beneficial ownership, public offerings)
To be considered for the Senior Compliance Officer vacancy you should have at least five years experience in a similar role for a international bank, Hedge Fund or wealth management house. You should also be fluent in French and English.
As this is a senior role you can expect a bespoke remuneration package to be crafted to your individual needs.