This Swiss Investment bank and wealth manager is looking to hire a skilled SWIFT Transactions Manager for their Transaction Processing department.
The Bank which is based in Zurich which operates a revolutionary closed global private Exchange that acts as a clearing network for institutions and investors such as other offshore banks, enterprise financial institutions, pension fund advisors, broker/dealers, investment bankers, insurance firms, family offices, private banks and of course private investors. It plays a key role in trade finance and the trading of large fixed income global transactions
As the de-facto financial messaging standard, SWIFT services play a key role in the Exchanges operations. It is essential, therefore, that the bank has the very best SWIFT processing team, to ensure this the role of SWIFT Transactions Manager has been created to supervise the banks back office staff who manage all SWIFT messaging.
The SWIFT Transactions Manager is a key back office role and an essential part of the transaction processing team belonging to the Banks Exchange. In essence it is the SWIFT Transactions Manager job to ensure that all SWIFT cash processes are executed accurately, timely and to the guidelines
set by the Exchange Officers and counter party bank agent guidelines & deadlines.
The main responsibilities of the SWIFT Transactions Manager are as follows:
- To execute all activities with respect to settlement of Companys financial transactions.
- To monitor and process all cash processing activity in the queues accurately, timely and to the guidelines set by the Exchange Officers and counter party bank agent guidelines & deadlines.
- To ensure that all payments are transmitted and acknowledged within the cut-off time frame from all counter-parties.
- To prepare and organize all SWIFT Payment Orders.
- Undertake the Co-ordination and monitoring of all messages upon the Exchange and the Bank´s SWIFT account, taking especial care to review all SWIFT 760s, etc.
- Maintain the Cash report on the Exchange and ensure that the live data is accurate and that it is backup on a daily basis to the remote secure storage facility.
- Provide SWIFT message compiling expertise to other staff members
- Work with the Banks internal IT support teams to co-ordinate the installation of up-grades to the SWIFT system and scheduled testing of the system.
- Undertake the modification of SWIFT messages if and when required.
- Ensure that you know the latest SWIFT message type development via the SWIFT User Handbook.
- Be able to explain new development repercussions to other team members.
For serious consideration for the SWIFT Transactions Manager vacancy it is expected the successful applicant will fit the following profile:
- Have at least three years experience working in a Settlements back office role for another bank, asset manager, brokerage, fund or Exchange.
- Be able to display a strong overall knowledge of SWIFT standards, especially SWIFT 760s, etc.
- Be able to demonstrate good market knowledge and relevant market experience with investment banking treasury and/or structured paper products
- Have fluent English, other European languages are a bonus
The Bank will ensure the SWIFT Transactions Manager gains a sector leading remuneration package and also offer the successful applicant the opportunity to be based in the banks back office in Switzerland and on occasion work from a remote location of their choice.
The job application form maybe found by clicking on the link to the top right of this job specification.