The Geneva trading room of this international asset manager and bank is looking to boost the ranks of their structured products team by adding a new Trader to its execution desk.
Working as part of the investment team in Geneva the Trader of Structured Products trades both structured financial instruments and OTC derivatives
on the main markets. Within that overall remit the role has three main areas of responsibility and activity, these are:
Firstly those that are centred upon creating a profitable trading desk:
- Trade profitable and efficiently structured products across fixed income, commodities, FX and equity and structured equity derivatives. Executing all trades on behalf of your desk.
- Advise colleagues and senior management around your execution strategy.
- Besides the active trading of the various instruments and products you can also expect to be asked to perform continuous research on your investment solutions and make use of the in-house research teams to ensure your clients have an investment solution that fits their requirements.
- Take part in the launch and introduction to the market of new tradable structured products.
- Undertake and supervise all the valuation analysis and reporting on your desk.
- Make sure that you are keeping up to date with all the market data and information so that you do not miss any trading opportunities or relevant strategy ideas.
- Set up and run a weekly secondary market
- Host, prepare and run morning meetings for your desk and team.
- Create a monthly trading commentary and report for clients, colleagues and industry observers on your trading activities, strategy moving forward and key insights.
The nest core area of responsibility for the Trader of Structured Products concerns the management and monitoring tools, processes and activity concerning your desk. This can be loosely broken down into:
- Ensuring all management data is captured, all reporting tools filled in and that all documentation is successfully completed and disseminated.
- Manage your desks monitoring tools and ensure all “events” are accurately reported upon.
Lastly as lead operative for your desk you take ownership of the main administrative function. This can and will include:
- Completing all compliance and verification documentation as required.
- Liaising with back and middle office on all administration & documentation matters.
For serious consideration for the Trader of Structured Products you need to be aware that this desk is situated in a busy trading floor and as such this role will only suit those with considerable prior trading experience. The bank has specified the following as must haves:
- Considerable Structured Products trading experience – at least five years, ideally on the Buy side.
- Focused execution trading
knowledge and skills – within a known player and recognized structured products trading house.
- Detailed understanding of the latest trading platforms and monitoring tools.
- Degree educated – preferably in finance or maths.
- You speak English fluently. Other European languages are also useful.
- You will be adaptive, have a strong analytical mind set, top notch organisational and communication skills alongside an in depth knowledge of OTC derivatives and structured products
For the successful applicant the bank offers a very competitive basic salary, full trading bonus, all the perks and benefits you would expect and the chance to earn in the low tax environment in a beautiful Swiss city.
Beyond that the opportunity to shape the trading desk as you see fit should excite the right ambitious kind of trader the bank is seeking. To find out more or to apply immediately just click the add application button and follow the simple steps explained.