In what is a very exciting senior appointment for this Geneva based global investment bank, they are looking to hire a new Vice President of Market Research to be based from their European head office.
The Vice President of Market Research sits as a key stakeholder in the banks international sales and marketing practices and is charged with operating and managing a growing pan geography market research team
. The Vice President of Market Research reports directly to the banks Director of Marketing.
The primary responsibility of the Vice President of Market Research is to lead the banks product and market research, allowing the bank as a whole to have a comprehensive understanding of market and product trends, client and prospective client requirements and the competitive make up of each sector the bank has offerings in. In short to make the global marketing of the banks products more effective and profitable. To achieve that the Vice President of Market Research has an extensive team based at a global level with a series of specific research and analysis skill sets.
The Vice President of Market Research also has a remit in ensuring the market intelligence is disseminated in a clear and effective manner with the asset management teams, investment boards (s) and colleagues in marketing, sales and PR. Also on occasion they will be a requirement to present the finding to the board and other senior managers directly, whereby the Vice President of Market Research will act as the main point of contact for them.
A more in depth breakdown of specific tasks and duties for this role is: -
- Assist the Sales and Marketing teams in making better, more effective use of the research your team creates by better integration and creating a clear channel for dissemination.
- Ensure analysis is conducted in an effective manner and that your team has access to all the relevant sources of data and information. Ensure that your department optimizes the use of all third party information and data.
- Arrange the production of regular research summaries, market trend analysis (this will include asset flows) and product updates
and ensure they are circulated to the right individuals / teams.
- Create new ways to measure and evaluate competitive products and initiatives. You should aim for your department to create winning sales arguments and suggestions for marketing / advertising campaigns to combat other banks offerings.
- Make sure your team works very closely with the various product development professionals to correctly position new offerings, package, market them. On occasion you will contribute to product testing and analysis during the development stage.
- Monitor the perception and brand awareness of the bank and its offerings in specific key sectors. Use this information to evolve the sales and marketing around these existing products.
- Work closely via surveys, questionnaires and open sessions with the sales teams to help identify investor demand and prospective new markets. Ensure your team uses this regularly as an on going and essential part of their analyses and data collection.
- Manage your own team, recruit, evolve and mentor your team.
To be placed in serious consideration for this senior marketing and analyst job you should fit the banks ideal applicant profile, which is:-
- To have at least five years proven experience in a senior market intelligence position at another active asset management firm, bank, or third party research consultancy.
- Degree educated.
- Comprehensive asset management and banking product knowledge, including: equity, bonds, derivatives, wraps, investment funds (Private Equity and Real estate) and bespoke structured portfolio management and creation.
- The ability to manage, lead, conduct market analysis, present to board level, face the media and articulate complex data in a clear and business focused manner.
- Fluent English.
This is a hugely important appointment to the bank and they are not messing about; the renumeration package is first rate and includes everything one would expect from such a senior vacancy. To find out more or to apply immediately, click the button above and fill in your application.