This well known investment bank is looking to appoint a new VP of Due Diligence to join its Zurich based division of the Global compliance function.
The VP of Due Diligence is a senior compliance and financial crime prevention role, sitting at the very centre of the banks overall policing
of such matters. They work as part of the Global Financial Compliance department and report directly to the Head of European Due Diligence.
With regards to the department itself it was set up to meet the increasingly strict regulatory and internal compliance requirements the bank has set up a Group Due Diligence team. It was set up to meet the AML and anti-bribery / corruption programs the bank has set up and one area of increasing focus is upon the wealth management and private banking teams. To put it simply this department is charged with to identify, report, monitor and prevent financial criminal activity and head off reputation risks to the bank, on an international basis. The team covers both existing customer relationships and new ones â all of whom are a diverse range of different types of client. A significant percentage of this teams work is creating research that can be reused by the bank staff and accessed anywhere in the world. The bank believes these new systems and processes are setting a new standard in global banking compliance and the prevention of money laundering and corruption.
Essentially the VP of Due Diligence is tasked with, alongside their colleagues in Global compliance, to manage the banks financial crime prevention agenda across a number of geographies and departments. Working in close concert with other Fraud intelligence managers and the AML Analyst team the VP of Due Diligence works to create an efficient and flexible system for catching and preventing financial crime
, one that can be applied at a global level. Within that overall remit are a number of key duties and responsibilities, these are:
- Due Diligence reporting â the VP of Due Diligence, alongside the Head of European Due Diligence creates, authors and edits a regular Due Diligence report. This report forms the basis of how the front office teams gauge a number of key financial crime risks. It is delivered in a timely, accurate and offers the bank a value for money method to start reducing exposure to a number of fraud and corrupt practices.
- Vendor / Partner Management. The bank has a number of key partnerships involved in supplying Due Diligence reporting toolsets and consultancy. The VP of Due Diligence works to increase the efficiency of the service provided and ensure everything is delivered on time, on budget and within agreed service levels. The VP of Due Diligence serves as the main conduit for information for a number of key partners and in a very real sense acts as the gatekeeper for the bank.
- Quality Assurance â Conduct full quality assurance on all services offered by the Due Diligence team and its partner vendors.
- Analysis â Supervise and lead the internal Due Diligence research team. The bank has a full range of research datasets and tools for the departments use and you will take the lad in introducing new datasets to that. The data will be combined and compiled into relevant reports that you will disseminate and summarize for specific departments.
- Report on usage of your teamâs research â you will track and build reports on the usage of your data across the banks private banking departments. You will also track the outcomes and consequences of your report and their effect on specific instances of financial crime.
To be considered for the VP of Due Diligence you should have first rate, proven analytical skills in a compliance and AML context. You will be completely familiar with international anti money laundering guidelines and regulation related to corruption and banking fraud. You will be a proven manager of people and a motivational leader.
For such a senior role at this large international bank an outstanding earning opportunity is on offer for the successful applicant. To apply click above and follow the instructions given.